Do you have a passion for mission, youth and leadership?
GC3 is looking for a passionate individual to join their team as the new Youth Director. It is a varied and exciting role with the potential to influence the next generation of youth in NZ and offshore. It provides the opportunity to teach, influence, lead and mentor.
The ideal candidate will have the passion and experience to envision, transform, empower and equip youth to live out their part in God’s missional plan. They will be highly relational with a desire to see youth engaged in mission, this will be done in the context of the Headspace programme and in the wider context of our network of churches.
This role is wide and varied with the focus of the role being in two main areas:
- Oversite, involvement, development and promotion and of the Headspace programme.
- Networking and contributing to the missions context within our network of churches.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A sense of call to the role, a heart for God, youth and a passion for mission mobilisation
- The ability to relate and build relationships with other GC3 staff, youth, leaders in our network and those in the wider mission community
- Confidence and ability to be up front, speak in public and communicate clearly
- Leadership skills and experience in building a team
- An interest and some experience in cross cultural mission
- Administrative and organisational skills (including good computer skills)
- Experience in youth ministry or working with youth
- A mature Christian faith
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications will close once a suitable candidate has been found, however applications in by Friday, 7 June will be considered first.