Do you like the thought of changing the life of one person? Imagine you can impact a nation!
Do you have leadership or management skills and experience? You love to see God taking hold of people through His word?
At CBM PNG we are humbled to be part of God’s story and purpose. We are driven by our love for scripture and our love for Christ. Through our daily walk and talk we share the love of God. We work and serve in the coastal town of Wewak in Papua New Guinea.
- Christian Books Melanesia Inc. (www.cbmpng.org) is publishing and distributing Christian books, Bibles and school supplies in PNG.
- We do mission in a busy multi-site operation of retail shops and properties with about 50 co-workers and trainees.
- After 50 years CBM PNG is a well-established brand in PNG and our services are impacting the nation through Literacy, Literature and Training.
With this, comes the great need to maintain financial integrity and oversee the administrative needs of CBM. For this reason, we have a vacancy for the role of Finance and Administration Manager. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components including the Bookshops impress accounts, petty cash funds, accounting and administrative activities;
- Ensure consistency with CBM standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analysing Bookshops budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Review supplier bills and schedule payments based on cash flow availability.
- Review and approve vouchers prepared by the accounts officer (disbursement, receipt and general vouchers) for expenditure and ensures that expenses are reasonable and allowable.
- Oversee payroll procedures for national staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee time keeping
- Liaise with the General Manager to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Supervise Head office staff working on finance and administrative roles
- Monitor the management of funds and cross check presented documents.
- Support annual audits
- Difficulties are opportunities for you and you know the peace of God at the cutting edge of leadership.
- A strong Christian commitment and mission focus are essential to balance the priorities of a business operation with the spiritual objectives of seeing God’s word take roots in individuals.
- Reports to General Manager
- Liaise with and assist Board Member responsible for finance.
- Liaise with independent accountant in Port Moresby
- Competency with Xero multi-currency cloud accounting software (or willing to learn)
- Knowledge of Vend stock management software (or willing to learn) and be willing to assist IT manager in implementation in sales centres.
- Competency with the use of Word and Excel.
CBM is providing housing and travel expenses. A basic living allowance is on offer to top up the support for candidates from sending churches. It is essential that candidates are commissioned by a home church or mission agency.
Christian Books Melanesia Inc.
Po Box 488 Wewak ESP 531